One to One Mentoring Sessions
Sometimes we just need a gentle guiding hand to help steer us in the right direction. Perhaps you are a young person or the parent of a young person who is feeling anxious about schoolwork or struggling with bad habits like too much screen time, low self-esteem or maintaining healthy friendships and you a little help to get back on track.
In these one to one mentoring sessions (usually lasting 50 minutes and booked in blocks of 8) we work together to help identify the cause of the young person’s current distress which may show up as: anxiety, anger, stress, exam stress, sleep and concentration issues. My approach is mindfulness-based, trauma-informed and low arousal and has been honed over the last 13 years initially whilst working as a mindful secondary classroom teacher and for the last four years working in a therapeutic capacity with children aged from six to young people age 25. Sessions are mainly one to one but occasionally also in small groups.
My approach combines mindfulness, creativity, psychoeducation and coaching techniques in the themes of wellbeing, emotional literacy, self-regulation techniques, positive habit formation, understanding how the brain works, self-kindness and gratitude.
The mentoring programme uses science-backed techniques and is tailored to each individual’s interests, needs and requirements. The programme helps young people overcome obstacles to get their lives back on track.Book a session now
Here’s how to work with me:
- Book an initial 30/60 minute exploratory session
- Sessions are generally one to one and can be either in your home locally in North West London by prior arrangement (Queens Park, Kensal Rise, Maida Vale, Willesden, Hampstead, Notting Hill) in local outdoor spaces like parks, online via Zoom or a blended mix of face to face and online which tends to work well
- Sessions include lots of different fun and interactive tools and techniques combined with the latest neuroscience research and the Science of Wellbeing
- I work with a wide range of children and young people including those with ADHD and other additional needs
- Sessions can be financed both through local authorities (with an EHCP plan) or direct with all payments to be made in advance of sessions
- Sessions are generally booked in blocks of 4 or 8 with discounts offered for block bookings. This ensures that you keep a regular time slot as otherwise, sessions tend to fill up fast
- Cancellations require 48 hours’ notice
- I am fully insured (Public Liability and Professional Indemnity) and have enhanced DBS which is on the update system