Workplace Mindfulness & Wellbeing
I take a great deal of interest in workplace mindfulness training. At an individual level; developing greater well-being, resilience, performance and relationships – and at an organisational level; contributing to positive change in workplace culture. I believe that our modern workplaces can contribute hugely to society by taking good care of their employees and an opportunity currently being missed by so many at great cost to their employees’ wellbeing.
Practising mindfulness is a bit like being given a manual to how we work; providing a blueprint that is unique to each of us. In the workplace, it can help with presence, clarity of thinking, improve our focus and decision making, act to lighten the load that so many of us feel at work, and improve the way we work and communicate in teams. Together, these add up to improve performance, creativity, resilience, wellbeing, and skills like communication and emotional intelligence.
My approach to teaching mindfulness within the workplace draws on my rich career which has included responsibility for staff wellbeing within a broad range of companies during my 20-year corporate career, largely spent working in the creative industries. In addition, I draw on a 10-year teaching career where I taught in challenging inner-city secondary schools and experienced first-hand the challenges of high-stress environments and the cost to the morale and well-being of my fellow colleagues.
My work within workplaces includes corporate organisations, charities and schools and colleges. Get in touch if you would like a chat to see how we could work together, below are some options but I am happy to work with your team to design a bespoke solution.
1-2 hour single Mindfulness meditation sessions
We can arrange regular drop-in sessions either online or onsite in London.
Mindfulness Training Packages (3-8 sessions)
- Introduction to mindfulness workshops which give some theoretical background including the Neuroscience of mindfulness with an experiential element
- Introduction to mindfulness courses usually taught over 4-weeks that introduce the core practices and some of the main threads that run through the full 8-week courses
- Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course, taught over 8-weeks, which is an evidence-based, intensive exploration of the practice of mindfulness
General Mindfulness and Wellbeing Workshops
- General wellbeing workshops including:
- self-care for mental health and wellbeing
- managing increased stress, isolation, and blurred lines between work and home life
- bouncing back – practices to increase resilience
- emotional intelligence
- understanding stress and anxiety
- mindful communication
Each session will include didactic content, experiential practices, and large and small group discussion.
Mindfulness Meditations Drop-in Sessions
- Regular weekly or monthly meditation sessions (both online or in the workplace)
Other custom content ideas tailored to your events or wellness initiatives
- Mindfulness and wellbeing-related copy
Creative Workshops, away days and retreats
- These workshops can be tailored to the interests of the team and in addition to mindfulness practices can include, life drawing, painting, journaling, embroidery and other expressive arts activities.
Clients I have worked with include the following:
Get In Touch
Queens Park, London, NW6 7EY, UK